Experience Dinosaurland Your Way
There are many incredible things to do in Utah’s Dinosaurland! This area cannot be fully experienced in just a few hours. We have put together some travel guides and suggested itineraries to help you plan your visit to Utah’s outdoor paradise. You can find itineraries and destination highlights for travelers of all types and interests. Get ready for an adventure!
Free Utah Travel Guide
We offer a free travel planner filled with useful information for anyone who’d like to visit Northeastern Utah. This planner contains detailed lodging, restaurant, and attraction information, along with photos and a calendar of events near Vernal. If you’d like to receive this free travel planner, all you need to do is submit the form below and we will send you one right away.
Day Trips and Special Itineraries
Dinosaurland, Utah Day-Trip Adventures
Browse these customized day trips for ideas on how to get those most out of each day of your visit. These are some of the most popular things to do during a day in Dinosaurland.
Day Trip 1: Diamond Mountain Jones Hole & Fish Hatchery Scenic Backway
Day Trip 2: Indian Petroglyphs / Dry Fork Canyon
Day Trip 3: Red Cloud Loop Scenic Backway
Day Trip 4: Red Fleet & Steinaker Lake State Parks
Day Trip 5: Dinosaur National Monument
Day Trip 6: Outlaw Country / Crouse Canyon / Brown’s Park / Jarvie’s Ranch / Jessie Ewing Canyon
Day Trip 7:Vernal Walking Tour
Day Trip 8: Sheep Creek Canyon & Spirit Lake
Day Trip 9: Indian Canyon
Day Trip 10: North Fork of the Duchesne River
Day Trip 11: Rock Creek Canyon & Stillwater Dam
Day Trip 12: Moonshine Arch
Attractions and Activities by Interest
If you have a special interest you’re looking to satisfy or a limited number of days to visit, here are some category-specific attraction suggestions to help you get right to the good stuff.
- Visit Dinosaur National Monument, especially the Quarry.
- Drive the Dinosaur Diamond National Scenic Byway.
- Swing by the Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum.
- Drive the historic Flaming Gorge-Uintas National Scenic Byway.
- Birdwatch Flaming Gorge.
- Explore the Sheep Creek/Spirit Lake Scenic Backway and its dramatic rock formations.
- Visit the Jones Hole National Fish Hatchery.
- Boat, hike, or fish Flaming Gorge.
- Cast a line or take a boat onto the reservoirs of Red Fleet and Steinaker State Parks.
- Take an ATV onto the Red Cloud Loop Scenic Backway.
- Raft the Green River.
- Hike or bike Dinosaur National Monument.
- Snowmobile in Ashley National Forest.
- See the Indian petroglyphs at Dry Fork Canyon.
- Visit the sites of Outlaw Country – Crouse Canyon, Brown’s Park, Jarvie’s Ranch and Jessie Ewing Canyon.
- Stop by the Western Heritage Museum.
- Take the Vernal Walking Tour.
Bring Learning to Life Experience
Dinosaurland is full of prehistoric wonders, Native American history and geological marvels. The area is richly-populated with opportunities to learn and even get a hands-on experience as you go. Spend two days following in the footsteps of adventure with the Bring Learning to Life Field Trip Itinerary. Stick to the itinerary exactly or mix and match to march along with the beat of your own drum and see where your path takes you.
You can also check out the general Area Guide to Dinosaurland and start planning your adventure today!